Friday, July 9, 2021

Cat, 猫, Māo, Chinese English Flashcard Craft and Free Language Journal Page

I am glad to share with you for free my print and color flashcard for the Mandarin word for 猫 Māo,  which in English means "cat." I hope you can use it and have fun with it. 

👇👇👇BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN AND ACCESS THE FREE PDF


Mao, cat, flashcard for Mandarin word cat, 



MAKE A DONATION, PLEASE 
I create these for free, and you are welcome to print as many as you want. But would you be willing to make a small contribution? 
Thank you for your kind support. Here is a link to a file in PDF format; some people feel that PDF is a better way to print. 

👉👉👉 CLICK HERE for the file in PDF format. 

WHAT THIS IS 
I have divided these language-learning coloring projects into two parts. There are cut-outs at the bottom for the front and back of a do-it-yourself flashcard; just color the two sides and glue them together. You can use it to help you learn the word "cat." I made the top part for a language journal page that can be added to others to make a kind of vocabulary book. You can color the letters; there is an area for notes or writing a practice sentence. Coloring the letters with pencils further reinforces the language-learning process. 

A WORD ABOUT PRINTING

The image below was created in a Word doc and should print without much problem. It was designed for USA letter-sized paper; if you use a different size, you might need to change the printer's dialogue box on your computer. If you have trouble printing, CLICK HERE to visit my HOW TO PRINT page, where I have gathered some helpful tips. If you prefer to print a PDF, there is an updated link below in PDF.

I HOPE YOU CAN USE THESE 

This free-to-print coloring page will be useful for parents and teachers. I hope you can use it in your learning situation, whether it is in home school, language club, self-study, classroom, or an ESL (English as a second language) class. Use it when kids need a quiet activity. Coloring the words helps you learn the word. 

Language Drops has a cool series on animals in Mandarin. CLICK HERE to visit this resource.

Chinese strokes.com has a graphic showing the stroke order for this character.  CLICK HERE to visit this resource. 

Learn chinese.com has some helpful example sentences for the word Cat  CLICK HERE  to visit this resource. 

WHO I AM 

I am not a teacher or even a college graduate. I just developed an interest in languages, and at my age, it is hard to learn new stuff. I try different creative things to assist my learning process. So, I make these worksheets and flashcards to help my old brain along. If I take a few minutes each day to review these flashcards by reading the words aloud and trying to say them in a practice sentence, it helps me retain the word. 

Happy learning! 
©Adron 7/9/2021