Saturday, July 10, 2021

Shū, 週, Week, Japanese, English Flashcard Craft and Journal Page

It gives me great joy to share my print and color flashcard with you for the Japanese word for shū  週, which is in English means "week." Hopefully, you can use it and that you have fun with it. 

WHAT THIS IS

I Make these printables with two parts. One is at the bottom has the flashcard craft, and the top is a language journal page. 
MY design is for the bottom cut-outs to be a do-it-yourself flashcard, Just color the two sides and glue them together. You can use it to help to learn the word "shū  週,." I made the top part a language journal page that can be added to others to make a vocabulary book. You can color the letters, and there is an area for notes or writing a practice sentence.

ABOUT ME

Well, I am no one special. I am an amateur artist, and I have a day job doing custodian and office work. I am not a teacher or even a college graduate. But I am interested in languages, but it is hard to learn new stuff at my age. I look for creative things to help me to learn. So I make these worksheets and flashcards to help my old brain along. I am very visual, so seeing it helps. If I take a few minutes each day and just review these flashcards by reading the words aloud and saying them in a practice sentence, it helps me retain the word. The process of coloring the letters with pencils further reinforces the language learning process. 

HOPE YOU CAN USE THESE 

I think parents and teachers will find this free-to-print coloring page helpful. It is ideal for any children's learning situation. Home School. Language Club, Self-study. Classroom. ESL (English as a second language) class. Use it when kids need a quiet activity. Coloring the words helps you learn the word. You can use these in learning games. 

ABOUT PRINTING 

This is for USA letter-sized paper; if you use a different size, you might need to change the printer's dialogue box on your computer. The image is like a Word doc and should print without much problem. If you have problems with printing, CLICK HERE to visit my HOW TO PRINT page. I have collected some suggestions that may help. I have placed a PDF below for you in case it is better for you. 
Shū,  週, Week  Japanese, English Flashcard Craft, and Journal Page

I am glad to create these for free, and you are welcome to print as many as you want. But would you be willing to make a small contribution? 

Thank you for your kind support. 

Here is a link to a file in PDF format; some people feel that PDF is a better way to print. 

CLICK HERE for the file in PDF format. 

Here are a couple of resources that may help you.

Word hippo has a nice post about the word shu and some example sentences. CLICK HERE to visit this resource.

Japanesepod101 has a pronunciation button and some example sentences for this word. CLICK HERE to visit this resource

Happy Learning
©Adron 7/6/2021