Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Free, Mandarin / English Flashcard for 黄色 Huángsè and Yellow in English

Here is a free print and color flashcard for the Mandarin word, 黄色 Huángsè, and the English word Yellow.

USING THE PRINTABLE

The top of the printable is to be combined with others to make a language journal. You can decorate it, you can practice writing the characters, or compose some practice sentences. The bottom is to be cut apart and colored, then glued back to back to make a flashcard for the words. 

WHY DO YOUR OWN FLASHCARDS? 

Some people find doing a project helps them to learn a subject. Coloring the words helps some people to retain the image in their minds.  

I'm a senior citizen and have found at my age I need a lot of different engagement on different levels to retain what I've learned. So the hands-on approach works for me especially when I combine it with resources from apps and websites and youtube. 

If you have problems printing the image below the see the how to print tab for some suggestions. I have placed an updated file below with a link to a PDF file that may work better for some people.

MAY I ASK?

My printables pages are free and you may print as many as you like. I only ask that if you are, able that you consider making a small contribution of support. Please click HERE TO DONATE and enter an amount that shows your level of appreciation. Even a small gift will help me to create more printables like this for you. 

Thank you. 

Free, Mandarin / English Flashcard 黄色Huángsè /Yellow, 

Below is a file for the PDF which may print better on some people's devices.
CLICK HERE for the file in PDF format.

Did you know Yellow is the imperial color of China? 
Wikipedia has an article about colors in Chinese culture. CLICK HERE to visit the Wikipedia page. 
Chinesepod has some great tools including practice sentences and pronunciation guides and downloadable lessons. To visit this resource CLICK HERE.

Happy Learning.
© A. E. Dozat 2/3/2021