Saturday, February 6, 2021

Japanese / English Flashcard for the Word, 桜 Sakura / Cherry Blossoms

Here is a free print and color flashcard for the Japanese word, 桜, Sakura,  Cherry blossoms in English. 

WHY I MAKE THESE FLASHCARDS

I create these cards to help me personally to learn vocabulary in languages I am interested in. I feel, at least for me, it helps to retain a word when you use it in a project. I am a visual learner and find seeing something over and over helps me to learn it.

WHY THIS WORD?

I like music and so I listen to songs in the languages that interest me. Since I grew up in the 60s I like classic rock style and found a Japanese band called SCANDAL that plays a nice classic rock style, (in fact I think they have improved the genre). One of their songs that I like is called DEPARTURE, but I do not understand the words, so I thought I will take some time and learn the specific words to those songs and I will enjoy them more and become more confident in the language.  The word, Sakura, is the first word in the song. 

HOW TO USE THE PRINTABLE

Print the image file below and color the bubble letters. After you color them then cut the bottom section out and glue the two haves back to back for the flashcard. The top portion is to use with others by combining them together to make your own personal language journal. 

HOW TO PRINT

The file below is a JPEG and should print on most devices. If you have problems see the HOW TO PRINT tab for some suggestions. There is a file in PDF below which works on most devices.

MAY I ASK?

My flashcard printables are free and you may print as many as you like. I only ask that if you are able that you consider making a small contribution to support my art. Please click HERE TO DONATE and enter an amount that shows your level of appreciation. Even a small gift will help me to create more printables like this for you. 

Thank you. 

Free Japanese English Flashcard for the Word, 桜, Sakura,/ Cherry Blossoms


Below is a link to a file in PDF format that may print better on some devices.

CLICK HERE for the file in PDF format. 

You can color the flashcard any way you like. The language journal page can be combined with others by using brass push pins. Use the journal page to practice the words or write a few example sentences. 

A FEW RESOURCES

Did you know that the cherry blossom is the national flower of Japan?

Here is a link to a very interesting lesson on the Cherry blossom season at Wabasi.com CLICK HERE to view this resource.

Wordhippo has some buttons for the pronunciation of Sakura, CLICK HERE to access this resource.  

Here is a link to a post in Soranews.com about how to write the character for Sakura and some interesting facts about the character. CLICK HERE to access this resource.

Happy Learning!

©Adron 2/6/2021

DONATE