Sunday, July 4, 2021

The Word 八, hachi, 8 Eight, A Free Japanese / English Flashcard, and Language Journal Project

I am glad to share my print and color flashcard craft project with you for the Japanese word for はち hachi, which is in English means "Eight 8." I hope that you can use it and that you have fun with it.  

WHAT THIS IS 

I made this free printable coloring project with two parts. There are cut-outs at the bottom for the front and back of a do-it-yourself flashcard, Just color the two sides and glue them together. You can use it to help to learn the word "hachi." You can use the flashcard with others for language learning games and drills. 

I made the top part a language journal page that can be added to others to make a vocabulary book. You can color the letters, and there is an area for notes or writing a practice sentence. 

WHO I AM 

I am just an old guy, and I am not a teacher or even a college graduate. But in my old age, I have become interested in languages. Since I have difficulty learning stuff, I am always looking for creative things to help my learning process. I make these language journal pages and flashcards to help my old brain along. I am very visual, so seeing it helps.

If I take a few minutes each day and just review these flashcards by reading the words aloud and saying them in a practice sentence, it helps me retain the word. The process of coloring the letters with pencils further reinforces the language learning process. 

I HOPE YOU CAN USE THESE 

I think parents and teachers will find this free-to-print language learning activity helpful, especially if you enjoy crafts. I hope it can be used in learning environments like Home School, Language Club, Self-study, Classroom, and ESL (English as a second language). Maybe you can use it when kids need a quiet activity. Coloring the words helps you learn the word. With a little creativity, you can come up with your own learning games with flashcards. 

ABOUT PRINTING 

The project below is designed for USA letter-sized paper. If your paper is a different size, you might need to change the printer's dialogue box on your computer. I designed this using a Word program, so it should print without much problem. If you have problems with printing, CLICK HERE to visit my HOW-TO-PRINT page, where I have gathered some helpful tips. If you prefer to print a PDF, there is an updated link below in PDF. 

The Word 八,  hachi, 8 Eight, A Free Japanese /  English Flashcard,


MAKE A DONATION, PLEASE

I am glad to share these for free, and you are welcome to print as many as you want. But would you be willing to make a small contribution? Even a small gift will help me to be able to create more of these for you. 

Thank you for your kind support. 

Here is a link to a file in PDF format; some people feel that PDF is a better way to print. 
CLICK HERE for the file in PDF format. 

Happy learning! 
©Adron 7/3//2021